Support your Local
Doctor 3200 Leonardtown Rd
Park Bicycle 4360 Knox Road
College Park, MD
Maryland Park Bicycles101 Maryland Park Drive
Capitol Heights, MD
Adventure Center Solomons, MD
9217 Baltimore Blvd.
College Park, MD
REI 9801 Rhode Island Ave.
College Park, MD
1506 Belle View Blvd.
Up the Creek Rentals (Kayak & Bikes) 108A Mattingly
Indian Head, MD
Nuts Bike Shop 302 Montgomery Street
Henson Creek Trail
Patuxent River Rural Legacy Ride
Saturday, May 31
New Routes!!! 22, 35, 44 and 64 miles. All
routes have a rest stop at the Merkle Wildlife Center,
the 35-, 44- and 64-mile routes also have rest stops
at Magruders Landing, and the 64-mile route adds a rest
stop in the Town of Eagle Harbor.
- A new starting location!!! This year's
ride will start and finish at the picnic grounds in
Jug Bay Natural Area of the Patuxent River Park,
16000 Croom Airport Road.
Register for the 2014 Patuxent River Rural Legacy Ride
- Online registration closes at noon on Friday, May 30. You may register on the morning of the ride.
The Oxon Hill Bicycle and Trail Club's annual May Metric was May 3, 2014, starting from Cosca Regional Park in Clinton and going to Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary, Aquasco, Baden and Brandywine.
Membership and Event Website
Visit the club's membership and event pages at http://ohbike.memberlodge.org.
Boy Scout Century Bicycle Tour
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Come ride at the 4th annual Boy Scout Century.
Rides start and end at the Charles County Government Building, 200 Baltimore St La Plata, MD 20646
Routes for all levels include 15, 26, 53, 64 and 101 miles through historic Southern Maryland. The well-marked routes are color-coded with rest stops and SAG support.
End with after-ride food and entertainment.
- The 26, 53, 64 and 101 mile routes have a rest stop at Oak Ridge Park
- The 53, 64 and 101 mile routes have a rest stop at Serenity Farm overlooking Benedict where the British landed two centuries ago
- The 101-mile century route follows the Star Spangled Banner National Historic Trail on-road route to Nottingham, where the British camped before their march on Washington
- The 64-mile metric century and 101-mile century routes go past Dr. Samual Mudd's house where he treated the broken leg of John Wilkes Booth on his escape after assassinated Abraham Lincoln
- The 53, 64 and 101 mile routes go through the Zekiah Swamp to Bel Alton, where Booth camped several nights during his escape
- The century route go past the home of Thomas Stone, one of the four Maryanders who signed the Decelaration of Independence
Proceeds benefit Boy Scout programs in Charles County. Registration for $35 for the main ride (routes of 25, 50, 75 or 100 miles) and $15 for the 14-mile youth route. Add $5 if you want an event t-shirt.More information and online registration at www.BSAcentury.com.
National Bike Challenge
Making cue sheets
you can make cue sheets for rides. The RideWithGPS cue sheets
have turn symbols and extra words that make the cue sheet
more difficult to read than the simple format used for most
OHBTC cue sheets.
create a cue sheet. For an illustration of the
Ride leaders usually manually cut and paste a RideWithGPS cue sheet to format it into a simpler format. Now, there is a "bookmarklet" that can be used to make a cue sheet in the OHBTC format if you are viewing a RideWithGPS route. To install the "bookmarklet," go to www.ohbike.org/cuesheet_maker.html and drag the link for the "Cuesheet Maker" to your browse's bookmark bar.
Whenever you are viewing a RideWithGPS route, you can click on "Cuesheet Maker" button on your bookmark bar to
create a cue sheet. For an illustration of the process, see www.ohbike.org/cuesheet_maker.pdf
Order an Oxon Hill Bike Club Jerseybr />
Pay with Check or
order form to
Pay with PayPal or Credit Card
Subscribe to the ohbike Yahoo e-mail list
The ohbike Yahoo group is for club-related communication between members of OHBTC. Members of the Oxon Hill Bicycle and Trail Club (OHBTC) can join the ohbike Yahoo group by going to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ohbike/ and clicking on "Join This Group." Membership in this Yahoo group is open only to members of OHBTC. When you apply to join, please include your name in the "Comments to List Owner." As a member the ohbike Yahoo group, you can send e-mail to the list at email@example.com.
HavHave you read any good books about bicycle touring?
Find us on Facebook 1>